Markham-Stouffville and Markham-Unionville federal and provincial Green Party riding associations annual general meeting followed by film viewing and discussion.Learn developments of the past year, help build your association’s annual plan, and support or join your local executive.Local members of the Green Party of Canada and/or the Green Party of Ontario: you have a vote, and are eligible to serve on your riding’s federal party Electoral District Association (EDA) and/or your provincial party Constituency Association (CA).Executive portfolios for which we seek candidates include:
1. Chief Executive Officer (EDA)/President (CA): organizes regular meetings, builds the executive where needed, and oversees the operation of the riding association. Ensures there is a candidate.
2. Financial Agent (EDA)/Chief Financial Officer (CA): maintains the books, issues the tax receipts, and files the annual financial report.
3. Secretary: takes minutes at meetings and maintains archive of association documents.
4. Membership Chair: maintains relationships with members and increases membership.
5. Fundraising Chair: organizes fundraising events and asks for financial contributions.
6. Organizing Chair: prepares for upcoming elections, coordinates campaign team, etc.
7. Communications Chair: builds relations with media and maintains EDA/CA’s visibility; ensures EDA/CA press releases are sent to appropriate people and that constituents hear about and see the Green Party in their riding.
8. Member-at-large: attends meetings and assists other executives.Local members may indicate their interest in being a candidate for any of these positions and/or request connection details and an agenda by e-mailing this year’s chair, Roger Lohmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>.In advance of the meeting, please follow these links to update your memberships in both the Green Party of Canada
<https://www.greenparty.ca/en/riding/2013-35054> and the Green Party of Ontario <https://secure.gpo.ca/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=23>.
After the AGM, participants are invited to stay online over lunch and watch the stunning film “Planetary,” followed by a discussion. Here is the trailer: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/planetary/121840700?autoplay=1.